In 2008 we set the goal of controlling our milk source. In order to do what we needed to find a viable dairy in the Rogue Valley that fit our needs and our budget. We found one late in 2011 and have slowly brought it back to life. This has been and continues to be an incredibly ambitious project. There were no animals and the place was derelict, but it was OURS!
The Central Point team rejoiced when Todd Hayton arrived to lead the dairy team. With 25 years experience as a dairyman, Todd was ready to roll up his sleeves and help us in the last phases of rehabilitating our newly acquired, but sadly neglected, organic dairy in Grants Pass.
Here’s an idea of what the Dairy team has done since the project began in 2012:
• Raze the milking barn (roof panels were repurposed into awnings at the Cheese Shop!)
• New electricity in 5 farm buildings
• Demolish & rebuild loafing barn
• Convert milking parlor into new calf barn
• Gently return cows to the farm
Listed under:Farms & Fields
Friday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM