The City allows one-week banner displays for community-wide events and two-week banner displays for City-sponsored events, if approved by the City. Events sponsored by the City of Grants Pass or Josephine County and nonprofit groups are given a preference.
Events promoted on the banner must take place within five miles of the banner location and within thirty days of banner placement. The text on the banner is limited to the name and/or event logo, date and time, and general location of the event. Banners may not include any advertising, commercial message, brand or product name, or other information about the event such as sponsor name(s), cost, street address, directions, and phone numbers.
Banners promoting alcohol, tobacco products, or political candidates are not permitted.
Banners on 6th and 7th Street must be placed by a qualified business. You (the person or group who reserves the space) are responsible for hiring the qualified business. Contact the Recreation Northwest office at Gilbert Creek Park, 1750 NW Hawthorne, Grants Pass OR 97526 (541) 471-6435 for a list of qualified businesses.
To become a qualified business, the business must:
◦ have a valid business license in the City of Grants Pass.
◦ file with the City a certificate of liability insurance in an amount of not less than $200,000 for property damage and personal injury.
Placement and Removal of Banners
Banner reservations for the 6th and 7th Street locations run Monday through Sunday. Banners must be placed prior to 6 a.m. on Monday and removed prior to 10 p.m. the following Sunday. The qualified business must comply with all local and state rules regarding traffic safety during the placement and removal of the banners.
Note: If the same qualified business will place a new banner after removing one, it may delay the removal of the old banner until 6 a.m. Monday.
The City is not responsible for damage occurring to banners during installation or removal or while on display.
1. The City retains the right to refuse a reservation based upon the person(s) or organization(s) failure to comply with this Banner Policy within the past 2 years.
Riverside Park banners may only promote events that take place in a City park and have been specifically sanctioned by the City.
The City places and removes all banners in Riverside Park. Reservations for Riverside Park Banners run Monday through Monday. The banners are hung Monday mornings unless Monday is a holiday. In that event, the banners are hung and removed Tuesday morning.
You may deliver your banner to the Park Maintenance Yard at Riverside Park or to the Parks and Recreation Office. The following deadlines apply:
• Riverside Park Maintenance Yard – must be delivered prior to 3:30 p.m. on Friday. The park maintenance crew may not always be available to take delivery of your banner.
• Parks & Recreation office – must be delivered by 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday. The Parks & Recreation office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You should pick up your banner at the Riverside Park Maintenance Yard on the day it is taken down, between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. Riverside Park banners may also be picked up at the Parks and Recreation office but allow extra time for delivery from the park.
1. The City is not responsible for damage occurring to banners while displayed or for banners which are not picked up on time.
Banners must meet the following size and configuration specifications. Banners which do not conform to the specifications or to the application form will be immediately removed by the applicant at the request of the City. If a non-conforming banner is not removed, the City will remove it and discard the banner.
- Material: Minimum of 12 oz. bantex or 18 oz. canvas
- Lettering: Minimum 6-inch size is recommended for readability. You should use vinyl lettering if you plan to change wording and reuse the banner in the future!
- Banner Height: Maximum 36 inches (recommended); minimum 24 inches
- Banner Length: All banners must be 30 feet in length
- Grommets: Locate spur grommets at the top and bottom corners and approximately 30 inches apart along the top of the banner. Reinforce corners so they don't tear out!